Get Listed on the Microsoft Windows Server Marketplace
The Microsoft Windows Server Marketplace, built on Microsoft Pinpoint, showcases applications that extend the value of Windows Server 2012. This comprehensive marketplace helps customers easily find, demo, and buy partner offerings that work with Windows Server products.
Review the requirements below and follow the instructions to list your applications on the Windows Server Marketplace.
Criteria for Listing in the Marketplace
To list in the Windows Server Marketplace you must meet these requirements:
- Your marketplace listing must be an application and meet the Pinpoint Profile Guidelines. Please note that for the time being, we do not accept professional services into this marketplace.
- Your application must pass Windows Server 2012 Certified Logo tests through Microsoft Platform Ready (MPR) Test Tool. Learn more about MPR.
- You must associate your application with at least one of these Microsoft products in the “Works With” drop-down menu: Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
Add Your Application Listing to the Marketplace
- Sign in to your Pinpoint Dashboard using the Microsoft account credentials (formerly Windows Live ID) associated with your Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) account.
- Click Add or Edit Profiles, and then click the Apps + Services tab.
- Click Edit Shared Attributes next to the listing you want to add to the Windows Server Marketplace.
- Select the appropriate options for these required attributes:
- Marketplace – select Windows Server Marketplace (and Microsoft Pinpoint), then check the relevant product departments for your offering. Any boxes you check must have a corresponding “Works With” selection for that department.
- Microsoft "Works With" Products and Technologies: Select the Windows Server product(s) that your application works with.
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Clearly specify in your profile description how your application utilizes or enhances the Windows Server products you have selected as “Works With” technologies.
- Click Submit for Approval to begin a review by the Windows Server Team.
Create Your Best Profile
Make It Work for You
- Watch the Pinpoint for Partners video on how to showcase your applications.
- Get customer reviews with the customer review email template. Reviews can enhance your credibility and improve your search rankings.
- Share the Review Guidelines with customers. You can request reviews for your applications, as well as for your company.